An Exercise for Middle Aged Males
An Exercise for middle aged males can vary…because middle-aged men vary. Some of you are in decent shape, some are not.
If you aren’t height and weight proportionate, get there. Eat saturated fats and protein. No carbohydrates for 5 days…your body will do fine on fat and protein. Come the weekend, eat what you want. Don’t be afraid to get some carbs in.
This is a general idea though if you ARE height and weight proportionate. Get ready for a never before seen exercise plan for middle aged Males-
Why does a football team stretch before a game? To prevent injury. Get used to stretching, a neglected task by many.
For best results, you’re going to want to get to the gym on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Before anything else, get on an elliptical machine or treadmill. Jog for a few minutes to get your body warmed up…then stretch. An exercise for middle aged males.
A complete breakdown of “An exercise for middle aged males”
This is a workout plan middle aged men need, not young guns. So we’re going to stick to hitting the gym 3x a week. Tuesdays, Thursdays and the weekend are your rest days/stretch days.
Monday: Chest and Triceps
- 2 sets of 8-10 reps Incline Bench Press…using a Smith Machine can be beneficial. No flat bench presses, incline bench only.
- 2 sets of 8-10 reps Incline Dumbbell Press
- 2 sets of 8-10 reps on a fly machine…go easy, as these will stretch your pecs.
Triceps – These will be targeted in your chest routine, don’t be alarmed at some soreness
Wednesday: Back and Biceps
Biceps – These will be targeted in your chest routine, again don’t be alarmed at minor soreness.
Friday: Legs and Shoulders
- 2 sets of 8-10 reps Leg Press
- 2 sets of 8-10 reps Split Squats
- 2 sets of 8-10 reps Stiff Legged Deadlifts
- 3 sets of 10-15 reps Calf Raises and Seated Calf Raises
- 2 sets of 8-10 reps Shoulder Press– be very careful with these, it is an unnatural movement on the shoulder joint. Go light and slow.
- 2 sets of 8-10 reps Side Delt Raises…do NOT raise the dumbbell above the plane of the shoulder, everyone does this in the gym…don’t.
Try and stretch daily. Hold each stretch for 20-30 seconds. This is a workout plan for middle aged men to start off with. As time goes by, you will learn different exercises…change ’em up. If you want to slowly grow, eat above your calorie maintenance level and increase your weights by 5 pounds at the start of each week. Use compound exercises…presses, squats, rows.
If you want to lose a little body fat and tone, vary your workouts (with adjusted diet). Make your weights a little lighter and go for 15-20 reps. Speed up your rest time between sets.
Always use a little more than half of your one-rep max-weight, per muscle. This is a workout plan for middle aged men that are natural…not on cycle…not on TRT. (Testosterone Replacement Therapy)
If you’re ever unsure of exact motions on any exercise, check out Bodybuilding.com. Excellent way to see the movements. Keep your form strict. Do not slop and throw your weight around…slow contracting movements.
Send this article to a friend, like I said, this is an exercise for middle aged males. NOT TEENS.
Any weight loss or gain can be dialed in with the right diet. STAY MOTIVATED, STAY DISCIPLINED.